Position Type: Committee Member |Community Outreach/Fundraising / Giving
Duration: Long term (6 months to 1 year)
Great For: Youth (over 18)
Location:Manitoba - Winnipeg
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada promises to find the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improve the lives of children and adults affected by these chronic diseases. Volunteers are key team members who help us deliver on this promise to the 1 million Canadians touched by these devastating chronic diseases.
Are you the right fit to join our team as the Winnipeg Gala Fundraising Chair?
As the Gala Fundraising Chair, you will lead fundraising efforts for the event, including:
- Provide leadership in overall fundraising initiatives, ensuring maximum revenue with minimal costs
- Work closely with the staff partner and the Gala Chair to seek out new opportunities for donations from the community and industry consistent with the event goals and budget
- Oversee the auction, including: determining the fair market value of items, ensuring the transportation of items to the event venue, arranging accurate bid sheets and thanking donors
- Ensure all CRA requirements are met within Crohn’s and Colitis Canada policies and procedures
- Be an active team member at Gala committee meetings
What you bring:
- Galas are premiere, high-profile events for Crohn’s and Colitis Canada and as such require a significant commitment of time. Expect to contribute approximately 10-15 hours a month (2-3 hours per week) with peak times being the two month lead up to the Gala and a few weeks after
- Some daytime availability is ideal for liaison with the staff partner, the media, and others
- A commitment of 1 year or more is ideal to see the event from beginning to end
What we offer:
- Fundraising, sales and event management experience considered an asset
- Experience with high-profile events and community outreach strategies
- Motivated self-starter and a strong team player
- A community of support, a dedicated staff partner, a team of peers, and role-specific training
- An opportunity to use and grow your professional skills, and expand your network
- A hands-on chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people living with Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis in your community.